An advanced examination of theory and research in selected topics in child development.
This course is suitable for students from a range of backgrounds (including ECE, primary, secondary, MA Education, Psychology), those working directly or indirectly with children and families and for those who are interested in conducting research and/or pursuing an academic career in developmental psychology.
Practitioners will be able to enhance their knowledge and understanding about children’s development, which can be applied to support optimal child development. Students interested in doing further research in the fields of developmental psychology and family psychology will be able to foster relevant topic knowledge and research skills through this course.
Upon completion of the course, you will be able to improve your teaching practice and/or knowledge by enhancing your understanding of how children develop, key influences on development, and how to critically evaluate developmental psychology research.
Currently scheduled classes
2020 Epsom (Semester 2): Weekly on campus sessions on Thursdays from 4:30-7:30pm starting from Thursday 30 July
Take this course
This course can be taken as a taught course in the following programmes:
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling Theory
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education
- Bachelor of Arts in Education (Honours)
- Master of Arts in Education
- Bachelor of Education (Teaching) (Honours)
- Master of Counselling
- Certificate of Proficiency
- Master of Education
- Master of Professional Studies in Education
- Master of Education Practice